The blogosphere has been lit up today with the story about Mike Guglielmucci, author of the song “Healer”. Apparently Mike’s diagnosis of terminal cancer was fake, you can go here if you want to read the full story.
Several guys from the blogosphere (Rich, Fred, Los, Alex, and many others) have posted about this today and I thought I would just post a few thoughts on it as well, since I did share the testimony video with our people last Sunday!
Here are some thoughts/feelings:
- Makes me sad and frustrated!
- Don’t understand why anyone would want to fake having a terminal disease, why would you want to speak that into your life?
- Regret showing the video to our people. (of course didn’t know this @ the time)
- Bottom line, we need to pray for Mike, his family, his church and Hillsong.
- God will still change people’s hearts and lives through this song!!!
I could say a lot more but this post is getting long… I would encourage everyone to go to Rich’s blog and read his thoughts, he asks a great question about people or songs being anointed.
How does this make you feel?